Video Testimonials Prove Crucial to Better Patient Care
Renowned emergency room physician Dr. Ferdinando L. Mirarchi led the research, working with physicians at top-ranking hospitals including:
- Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill.
- Saint Vincent Health System, Allegheny Health Network, Erie, Pa.
- St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, New York Medical College, Paterson, N.J.
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pa.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Huntsville Campus and Huntsville Hospital, Huntsville, Ala.
- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minn.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Fla.
- UPMC Hamot, Erie, Pa
“Video is the most powerful medium for sharing stories and information. The study published in the Journal of Patient Safety affirms what MyDirectives users experience firsthand – that capturing one’s healthcare wishes and priorities on video and storing them in a digital advance care plan produces markedly better end-of-life care,” said Jeff Zucker, CEO of MyDirectives.
At MyDirectives, we’ve long encouraged everyone to include a video outlining their wishes in their advance care plan to ensure those wishes are honored if they're ever in a position where they can’t speak for themselves.
If you’re new to digital advance care planning, we invite you to watch our short video that explains it in simple terms.